The objective of this course is to provide new users the basis of pressure vessel design; features of using PV Elite © and applying the know how in mechanical design for shell & tube heat exchanger of various configuration resulting in optimum design at the most productive way. In addition, the course will also focus on pressure vessel stress analysis through design calculation evaluation.
Who Should Attend (Pre-requisite)?
New or existing users with up to 1 year experience in using PV Elite © software in shell & tube heat exchanger design.
In these three (3) consecutive days, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic operation of heat exchanger- flow arrangement, heat transfer mechanism, and Industrial applications.
- Understand basic features and components functions of Shell-and-Tube Heat Exchanger.
- Understand design procedures for a shell & tube heat exchanger – Process design, thermal design, codes and standards (TEMA, ASME UHX) and customer specifications.
- Perform design for BEM type (Fixed tube) heat exchanger.
- Perform design for CFU type (U tube) heat exchanger.
- Perform design for AKT type (floating tubesheet) heat exchanger.
Topics will expose users to ASME Code Section VIII, Division 1, Part UHX and TEMA code.