The objective of this course is to provide new users the basis of using TANK™ software features effectively and the related applications in mechanical design for above ground storage tank based on API 650. In addition, some study base on Brunel and Young handbook is applied for roof support structure and understanding the requirement for anchor bolts. Users will also learn about optimum design at the most productive way via design calculation evaluation.
Who Should Attend (Pre-requisite)?
New or existing users with up to 1 year experience in using TANK™ in storage tank design.
In these three (3) consecutive days, you will be able to:
Apply basic engineering theory in relations to storage tank design
- Types of aboveground steel storage tanks – fixed roof tank, floating roof tank, doom roof storage tank.
- Type of roof – self supported roof and supported roof. Supported roof components – rafters, girder rings, and center. Support column and columns.
- Bottom and annular plates.
- Types of Foundation Construction and anchor bolts.
- Appurtenances- Nozzles, door, wind girders etc.
- Overview of API 650 – Section 1 to 8, Appendix A, E, F, J, M and S.
Explore API 650 Storage Tank Design with TANK™
- Set configuration related to API 650.
- Types of Tank Design – One foot method, variable point method, elastic Analysis method, appendix A.
- General tank data- tank sizes, liquid specific gravity and working height, small internal pressure at top, shell Courses – sizes and materials.
- Wind Details and wind girder design.
- Anchor Bolt Details.
- Roof Specification Data- Support cone, rafter supported cone, cone, dome and umbrella.
- Seismic Data Specification.